Being able to communicate effectively is the oil in any and all leadership situations. The Christ-centred servant leader’s goal is that the people they lead are able to achieve their full potential. This requires a radically different view of what effective communications means. It becomes focused not on me but the other person and I, as a listener, must take shared responsibility to make sure that I have understood what they meant to say, and as a speaker I must take responsibility to ensure they really understood what I intended to say. Communication is only successful when understanding has been achieved.
There are also many other aspects of communications skills too and this selection of articles can help you develop effective communication skills.
- 5 Mistakes That Lead to Ineffective Verbal Communications
- Communication Tips for Servant Leaders: Are You an Engaging Speaker or “Mogadon Man”?
- Communication Tips for Servant Leaders: 6 Ways That Learning Styles Help Your Listeners Hear You
- Communication Tips for Servant Leaders: Do You Fail to Communicate Because You Fail To Listen?
- Taming the Email Dragon: How to be a Responsible Emailer
- Growing the Servant Heart